Dray's GM Application

Go down

Dray's GM Application

Post by Chinga on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 am

Had to post my application here since the other forum is going down >.<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I just wanted to post my application and here goes. It's like the format though with different questions but includes all the information needed in the GM application format. If I have to do the exact format, I'll redo it.

Job Applying:

GM.

Time-Zone:

Sydney, Australia GMT+10 (DST)

In-Game Name:

Currently, Dray. If chosen, [GM]Dray.

How old are you?

I am 14 years young.

Why do you want to be a Admin/GM?

I never applied to become a GM in any other server so I will dedicate all my time to this server. I wish to make this server an even better place for all players who are currently bored of original MapleStory and to experience a taste of a great Private Server

Why do you think you'd make a good GM?

I reckon I would be a good addition to the staff because I’m fair, honest, responsible, a great person to talk to about anything and I have a lot of time to devote to server. I have a incredible knowledge of the game already so this would be a huge plus. I’m also a very patient person, which you have to be sometimes with the people who wouldn’t get worn out by nagging etc.

Now, I believe that a GM's most important job isn't to run events. I believe that a GM's most important job isn't to ban hackers. I believe that a GM's most important job, the job that a GM must be able to accomplish, is to reflect the standards of the server. A GM that is mean, cruel, and abuses his/her powers typically reflects bad standards upon the server. I believe I can make this happen!

I've been to many private servers which had all their ups and downs. In the many that I have visited, many have had irresponsible and non-responsive GMs. Unlike those GMs, I will respect my fellow GMs and players no matter if there are brother or a stranger. Equality is another important point that a GM should naturally have. I will give other players talk out their opinion other than just ignoring and isolating them. Greed and power could take over a GM but I am sure honesty and friendships won't let those two get in the way.

I am certain that if I get chosen as a GM, I will use all my power and abilities to drastically improve the server in every aspect. I will keep the server together and can fix bugs and be a testing out guinea pig. This could come in handy also including my skills as a Admin in another server. Without GMs the server would be a dull, lifeless server/game which will become a bore sooner or later. I think as a GM I would bring upon a magical effect on all people affecting their attitudes, which will bring communities together, and an overall cheerfulness to the server!

Do you speak any languages besides English? If so, please explain below. If not, leave blank.

I speak fluent Tamil, Italian and French. I also know a little of Spanish and Japanese.

Give us a little info about yourself below.

- My name is Dray
- I like cricket, tennis, basketball, skiing, soccer, hockey and karate.
- I love making signatures using PS and sometimes paint.
- I play LoveStory for around 2-7 hours everyday (more on weekends) since I have exams coming up in school.
- Wide knowledge on software and computers which might come in handy.
- I've made about 3 sites (One with over 3200 members) and moderated about a dozen.
- I know all about Mod-CPs and to keep the website too.
- I know how to code some things.

~ WEiRD FAcTS ~

I can touch my nose with my tongue
I can ride my bike at near full speed for 15 seconds eyes closed + no hands.
I can't sleep without the fan on.

Are you a loyal and dedicated person?

Yes, I will respect the server therefore becoming both loyal and dedicated to it!

What would you rate your English in order to perform as a GM?

I think my English is pretty good and will be alright in leading a GM position.

Are you confident of becoming a good GM?

I am VERY certain and confident that I will be a good GM without abusing any of my power or skills!

Prior Experience in Coding:

Coded quite a few NPCs ManoMS also including fixing some bugs. Few days ago, I was chosen to code for HollowStory though I don't know what I'm coding yet. I'm excellent with handling websites and possess a lot of experience as both Administrator and Moderator. I have coded a few sites including the one with 3000+ members mentioned above (PM me if you need names).

Evidence as GM:

Here is the evidence of my prior experiences, so I hope it's good enough. I also have my own coded NPC but this is a GM position so I don't think it is needed.

Here's me in PlasmaMS:

I even have contacts with a guy from my guild. His name is JeffTheKid in the pic. I can give you his AIM/MSN if you'd like.

Me, as SuperGM in my cousin's, ManoMS:

What leadership skills do you possess?

I have leadership skills as being a GM in other servers. I also, speak my mind but do not speak when something isn't supposed to be spoken. I also hear out people's opinions - I think this is one of the most important skills as a leader!

How much MapleStory experience do you have?

I have played MapleStory ever since Beta came out. Throughout, the years, I have learnt about all the different things in every corner of the game. From knowing the very tiniest of things, I sprouted into knowing a heap of stuff relating to MS. Though there were the good and bad times in MS, I enjoyed most parts of it. I want to use my knowledge from MS and to transfer it for making LightMS a bigger, better and friendlier playing community.

Have you ever hacked in MapleStory or in any other game, and would you ever do it again?

I have never hacked. In my opinion, hacking just takes the fun out of the game, giving others an unfair advantage. It’s like saying a man kills everyone in his country, to rule the country itself. It’s just useless.

Examples of events you might host:

I can host events and even hold games of my mine. My specialty is doing daily events especially describing Hide N' Seek events and FJ event. I also, do a drop-game event. I use invisibility and people guess where I am in an area. I summon some monsters all over the map to 'annoy them'. Then I drop some items becoming better each time, also by changing maps. If they die, they can't come back and if they persist after I say not to, they will be jailed. This is a game which I made up. I also, do a quiz test that will earn them. Of course, will do monster events and exp events. I also know that too many events could even wreck the server so I won't do too many daily.

How will you help improve this server?

I will do my best to help players, host events and even hold games of my mine. I also know that too many events could even wreck the server so I won't do too many. I'll also help recruit and listen for people's ideas on how to improve the server. I believe I can bring fairness, fun and a great playing environment for all of the players. I'd be willing to dedicate at least 2-5 hours to this server everyday and would make the most out of it. On weekends, you can expect me to be on a lot (Around 5-9 hours).

Do you have any experience in being a GM/Admin in the past?

I know most GM commands without needing a handbook as I have been a GM/Co-Admin in ManoMS (Shut down due to lack of donations) and a Trial GM in PlasaMS (Coming back up soon!) and would love to be one in this server.

How can we contact you?

MSN - v4VENDETTA@nottellingyou.com
PM - Just PM for absolutely anything!

Last words:

Hope this server becomes bigger and I'm currently helping to recruit members from other Private Servers. See ya I gotta do my chores Very Happy

Thank you! bounce

Last edited by Chinga on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Chinga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dray's GM Application

Post by [Alex] on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Whoa... NICE APP =D

[Alex]
Serenity's Hoes
Serenity's Hoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennay on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 pm

holy crap this is long lul

Kennay
Serenity's Hoes
Serenity's Hoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:32 pm

WOAH!! NICE APP
Blank
Serenity's Hoes
Serenity's Hoes

View user profile http://www.IDon'tHaveOne.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennay on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 pm

dude ur second picture is definitley fake >_>

Kennay
Serenity's Hoes
Serenity's Hoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:34 pm

yea lols. SO FAKE!
Blank
Serenity's Hoes
Serenity's Hoes

View user profile http://www.IDon'tHaveOne.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinga on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:30 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORIES!

I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MAPLESTORY, YOU CHANGED MY LIFE.
Chinga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down